Centimetre or Inches

How long in centimetre is an inch and how long is 10 inches, that's the questions I always get when I talked about the minimum length of hair required for donation.

Since young, we were taught the use of International System of Units (S.I units) like centimetre and kilogrammes. So why am I using the Imperial units (similar to U.S. Standard units) here? Well, long before some of us were born, maybe I should say during some of our parents’ time, they uses imperial units.


The vendor that make the wigs for us also uses imperial units such as inch for length and ounce for weight. So to make thing easier for them and not to confuse myself in handling the ponytail, I uses inch instead of centimetre.

For those who are not sure how long is 10 inches, it’s 25.4 cm.

1 inch is 2.54 cm or 25.4 mm