My mum's advice

"My mum has always wanted me to keep the hair I cut whenever i grew them long.

She says that I might need them when I grow old. I never understood her since I wasn't able to make them into a nice wig. Who is there to do this wig for me? Most salons don't even want the cropped hair!  So, over my life I have been cropping lengths of my hair and letting them fall to the ground and into the dustbins of the salons.


Well, while I'm still healthy, I can always keep growing my locks of hair for every 3-4 years. Why not give to an organisation that does good wigs for people who needed? Recycle Your Hair was just the answer.

I do think this is a simple task that helps many more and many people are not aware of it. I hope that many other hair salons can cooperate too."
~Jiemin

Name: Jiemin
Length: 18 inches
Date donated: 19/03/2014