Iris's Donation

I attempted several times to donate my ponytails since I was about 12 years old. Back in the age of dial-up Internet when information was not as freely available, it was difficult finding agencies accepting hair donations. Moreover, the results turned out to be in faraway countries such as America. Having held on to my ponytails for the longest time, I finally threw them away many years later.


However, I never gave up on the idea of donating my hair, as it tends to grow very quickly and I usually end up with exceedingly long virgin hair every other year or so. Several years ago, I finally chanced upon Recycle Your Hair (RYH) during one of my "hair donation" searches. When I was arranging to get my hair cut recently, I told my hairstylist that I wanted to donate my hair if he was taking a significant length off, as I was determined not to let it go to waste anymore.

I have never been very attached to my "beautiful" hair, and if someone else appreciates it more than I do or can find better use for it, I am more than happy for them to have it.

The RYH team's efforts have been very apparent throughout the entire process. They have been very helpful and courteous, and the whole process was completed quicker than expected. I really appreciate everything they do, and will surely be donating more hair to RYH and spreading word of their cause.

Name: Iris
Length: 13 inches
Date donated: 06/08/2015